Call: 877-542-7664

How to use Logos Bible Software’s Catechism of the Catholic Church

The Logos version of the Catechism is the most powerful and user-friendly edition of the Catechism ever made. Just by opening the Catechism and rolling over some of the citations, the benefits of Logos are clear. However, in order to get the most out of the software, you should set up a solid Catechism layout and learn techniques for using the various Logos tools. Watch the video below for some suggestions.

Comments

1. Richard says:

Would I be right in thinking that the Catholic Practicum when it comes out will be a whole series of videos like this one? If so, it may well be worth every penny.

2. Fr. Dennis says:

This is a great tutorial, but is there any way to get this in print?
    Thanks much!

3. Steve Kerr says:

This is a big help. I can hardly wait for the Catholic Practicum!

4. Brian Weber says:

Andrew, that was a most useful tutorial video, thank you! The power of Logos still blows my mind but with this latest tutorial it took my understanding of Logos and its capabilities up a couple of degrees.

Deo Gratias!

5. Steve Ray says:

Nice job Andrew. Already using Catechism along with my other new Catolic resources to great benefit. Keep up the good work and keep the tutorials coming.

6. fgh says:

First of all, many thanks, Andrew! In two training posts you have probably taught me more than Mo has done in almost two years of Monday blogs.

Secondly, I would probably use mytags rather than collections. Much faster to set up, works just as well in Cited By, and doesn’t slow the program down anywhere near as much. If these are all the collections you have it’s no problem, but for those of us who already have 1-200 collections it’s NOT a good idea to start adding unnecessary ones. Especially the search dropdowns become slow as molasses.

Also, if you want to add things to Cited By that are already series (like the ECF or the Encyclicals) it’s not necessary to use either collections or mytags. Series show up in the list automatically anyway.

7. Fr. Bryan says:

Thanks for the tutorial Andrew. It is very helpful.

8. Peter Moser says:

Wow! These are fantastic tips and I’ve applied them to my current sets of study layouts. Thanks a million!

9. The tool has so much to offer! I’ve had it less then a week, and this video really unlocked the power of the tool for me. Keep up the good work!

+Peace,

Deacon Sean

Trackbacks

1. [...] There’s a little tutorial here so you can get a sense of how it works. [...]

Help Desk Software

Don’t miss out!

Sign up to receive news, special deals, free books, and more!

No Thanks

Get the latest Verbum news, and hear about all our sales, special offers, and giveaways.
Don't miss a single deal—subscribe now!